Toxicodendron radicans (Rhus radicans) : Poison Ivy, Eastern Poison Ivy
Location: Holliday Lake State Park: Lakeshore Trail, everywhere; Bear Creek Lake State Park: everywhere
Bloom Period: June
- Adapts well to civilization
- NatureServe: “This plant is ridiculously abundant.”
- Grows as a short shrub or vine reaching 50 feet in length
- All parts of plant contain a skin irritant.
- White flowers and berries.
- Leaves turn bright red in fall.
- More than 60 species of birds, including wild turkeys, bob whites, and ruffed grouses, eat the berries.